This article will teach you how to perform a facotry reset on your Yealink device.
Please be advised, performing this action will remove all Jet Interactive credentials from your phone and reset the device back to factory settings.
If you perform this action and remove the Jet setup, you will need to speak to our team to have your device reconfigured to your Jet phone.
This will be charged as classed as a Simple Setup per device.
Yealink Desktop Models
This is for any models from the T series.
1. Ensure your device is plugged into power and internet.
2. Hold down the centre OK button for 5-10 seconds until you see a message asking Reset to Factory?
3. Select Yes and wait for the operation to complete. This will take approximately 30 seconds.
DO NOT unplug your device while this process completes.
4. Allow the phone to fully reboot.
Yealink Wireless Models
This is for any models from the W series
Option 1: via Handset
1. Ensure the base station is plugged in to both power and internet.
2. On your handset, press the centre OK button to enter the main menu.
3. Select Settings -> System Settings -> Base Reset.
4. Enter the system PIN (default: 0000), and then press the Done soft key.
5. Select Reset to factory, and then press the OK soft key.
The resetting process may take a few minutes. Do not power off until the base station starts up successfully.
The power indicator LED and network status LED on the base station slow flash in sequence during the resetting process. Indicator LEDs on the base station illuminate solid green after startup.
Option 2: via Base Station
1. Unplug the base station from both power and internet.
2. Wait 15 seconds.
3. Press and hold down the connect button on the front of the base station while reconnecting the power and internet cables.
4. Continue holding the connect button until all 3 status lights on the base station are lit up solid green.
5. Release the button and wait 5 minutes
6. After 5 minutes have passed, unplug the base station from both power and internet.
7. Wait 15 seconds, then reconnect the power and internet.
Your phone may need to update its configuration after the reboot which may result in a second reboot process automatically within a minute or two of the first reboot.
Please note - this will also remove all handset pairing. You will need to reconnect your handset to the base station to provision this again.