For higher quality and better user experience, we recommend keeping your Yealink firmware up to date.
Some older phone models such as the T33G will require the latest firmware update to be compatible with headset models such as the WH62 Mono UC.
In this article:
- Step 1 - How to find your current firmware version
- Step 2 - How to download the new firmware version
- Step 3 - How to update the firmware version
Step 1 - How to find your current firmware version
You can find the current firmware version of your hardware on the Online Status page in Jet Hub.
Open this page, and hover over the Desk Phone icon for any user.
You will then see the model number of your device, and the current firmware version you are running.
Leave this page open to refer back to as you do step 2.
Step 2 - How to download the new firmware version
This process must be completed via a computer.
If you are updating cordless devices, make sure you are checking your base station model, not your handsets.
Open this link in your web browser: https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/home
Choose your phone model from step 1 in the list of models on this page.
If your model is not shown, contact Jet Support.
From the option tabs, select Firmware.
Check the firmware number against the information shown on the Online Status page during step 1.
If the firmware number shown in Jet Hub is lower than the latest option available from Yealink Support, you can download the new file and update this.
Download the latest firmware release for your model by using the download button to the right.
From the image below this would be T5x-.22.214.171.124, released 30th August 2023.
Proceed to step 3 once this file has finished downloading.
Step 3 - How to update the firmware version
To update your Yealink firmware, you will need the firmware file downloaded in step 2, and access to a computer that is connected to the same internet connection as the device you are updating.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Select/Press the OK button on your phone to view the IPv4 information shown on the phone screen (this will look similar to 192.168.1.152).
If you have no OK button, choose Menu --> Status to get the same info.
2. Type this IP address into the browser of any computer connected to the same internet connection.
3. Use the word "user" as both the username and password.
4. Click Settings on the top of the page
5. Click Upgrade to upgrade the firmware from the left-hand panel.
6. You will see an option to Update Firmware. Please upload the ".rom" file downloaded from the Yealink website.
7. This process should take approx. 5 minutes to complete. The device will restart when ready.