- Your distance from a mobile tower. Local terrain, such as nearby buildings, can obstruct the signal from the mobile tower.
- The building you’re in and what level you’re on. Coverage is reduced in basement levels and elevators, as well as in buildings with concrete walls or metal roofing.
- Travelling in a moving car or train. Going through tunnels can also affect the signal.
Steps you can take to Resolve this issue :
1. Try resetting your network settings. Please note you will need to setup your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth pairings again afterward.
iOS: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Android: Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings (this will vary slightly depending on the manufacturer).
2. Check your SIM card and ensure that the SIM card tray is free from dust and dirt. Try removing and reinserting the SIM, or using it in another mobile device. If this works, the issue is probably with your device.
3. Restart your device. This will refresh your mobile network connection and may solve temporary connectivity issues.
If you are still having issues , Please contact our support team here.