This step is only applicable to customers that have signed up for Queues with their Jet services. If you have not signed up for Queues please proceed to Step 5.
Now that you have created your extensions, you can create your call queues, Jet's call queues have quite a few options and might use terminology that you are not familiar with. Jet recommends starting simple with your queues. A list of Queue terminology that is used in the article and across the portal is at the bottom of this article.
1. Under Telephony, click on Queues, then click Create Queue.
2. Start by naming your queue and adding your music on hold. Click on the blue plus button and upload an audio file. You can add your own audio file or use one of the three stock music on hold files below.
Once you upload the file click save, then using the dropdown select the music on hold file you wish to use.
3. Select your ring strategy, choose from one of the three options in the dropdown menu for strategy.
4. Configure your advanced queue options such as dialling cycle time, periodic announcements, whispers and position announcements. For more detail on each of these features see the table at the bottom of the article.
5. Add your agents to the queue. To add an agent click on the extension in the left-hand panel and click add. To remove an agent click on the agent in the right-hand panel and click remove.
Here is where you can also add any delays to agents in the queue. To add a delay, click on the delay dropdown and select the delay for each agent.
6. Click Save, in the queue screen, your new queue will now appear. From this view, you can see which agents are in each queue as well as the hold music and any delays that are present. Please allow 15 minutes for any changes made to go live.
Now that you have finished your queues, you can proceed to creating your callflows - Step 5: Creating Callflows for Inbound numbers
The ring strategy determines how the agents in your queue are dialled. There are three options in the Jet Queue system.
Order Configured - Order configured will dial agents in the order that they appear in the extensions assigned to queue. Order configured will always start from the first agent configured with each new call, if agents are available order configured will ring each agents for 1 dialling cycle.
Round Robin - Round Robin will ring agents in order, however unlike order configured, round-robin will always start the next calls from where it last finished. Round robin will try each agent in turn, if they are available it will ring the agent for one dialling cycle
|Music On Hold||Music on hold is what the callers will hear when they enter the queue and are waiting for an agent. This can be any Mp3 file and can include any marketing messages or company information that you wish callers to hear.|
|Dialling Cycle Time||Dialling Cycle time is the amount of time that a call spends trying to reach an agent or group of agents. Agents who terminate a call in the middle of a dialling cycle will only rejoin the queue once a new dialling cycle begins.|
|Wrap Up Time||Wrap up time is a set period of time that can be given to each agent once they finish each call. During the wrap up time they will not receive any inbound calls. Wrap up time can be added to give agents the opportunity to finish up any notes or data entry before receiving another call|
|Queue Capacity||Queue capacity is the maximum number of callers that can be held in a queue at any one time. Once a call is answered by an agent, this caller is no longer in the queue and no longer affects the queue capacity.|
|Announce Position||Announce position will let the caller know what position they are in the queue.|
|Periodic Announcements||Periodic announcements are an Audio announcement that can be added to update callers periodically. The frequency of these announcements can be set in dialling cycles. Periodic announcements are typically in place to inform callers of the ability to "press 1 at any time to exit the queue and leave a voicemail"|
|Whisper||Whispers are a short audio message that can play to agents. The whisper is played to the agents before the call connects. This can be used to give the agents information about the call such as which number has been dialled or the IVR option selected by a customer|
|Delay||Delay is a time delay that is set against an agent in a queue. The delay will stop an agent from joining a queue for the selected time period. A delay will override the ring strategy that is set until the delay time has been completed. Delay is useful to add additional overflow agents into a queue for periods of high call volume.|