Every account is allowed to create or modify the number of extensions that they have signed up for. If you need to increase this limit, please speak to Jet Support to upgrade your account by using the Submit a request button on the right of this page.
To get started, navigate into Extensions, under the Phone System menu.
This will display your list of extensions currently configured. If you are a new account, this may say No Extensions.
Creating a new extensionTo create a new extension, select Create Extension in the top right.
This will bring up a blank configuration form. Fill out the form with the following details:
- Extension number - the number used by other extensions to dial this user (Eg: for John to call Mary, they would call 1001 instead of a direct phone number). This field cannot be edited once set.
- Email address - this email will be used when sending the username/password credentials.
- Display Name - this name will show in reports as the Answering Point, and also on the Jet phone apps as the extension name when logging in
- Local Prefix - which prefix the system should apply as the default for outbound calls (eg: when set as 02, if calling 02 91464604, you can call 91464604 and this will automatically add 02 as the local prefix.)
- Caller ID - this is the number that will display when you are calling outbound. This must be a local or mobile number on your account.
You can choose to modify the username if needed and set a new password.
A completed form will look like this:
To save these details and create your extension, click Save.
To change any of the details configured, click the Edit pencil under Actions.
Once your changes are made, click Save.
Please note, some changes may take up to 15 minutes to be active. This does not affect your Jet app password, this change will be instant
Changing PasswordsTo change a password, click the Edit button to make changes to the extension
Modify the Jet App Password field to be the new value, and click save to update.
Sending login detailsEnsure the email of the extensions is active and correct.
Email the new username & password details out to the configured email address by selecting the Email icon
The email address listed in the extension will now receive the details to log in.