Extensions are what we call each of your Jet phone licenses. They can be used as an answering point for any group or Inbound numbers
An extension can be set up on multiple devices (eg: eg you can log in on your mobile app and your desktop app at the same time), but can only be in use on one device at a time.
Jet has two different types of extensions:
- Jetphone - a Jet app login with a local number
- Cloud Mobile - a Jet app login with a mobile number and SMS capabilities
1. To set up your extensions Click on Telephony and then on Extensions. On the Extensions screen click Create Extension, this will show you how many extensions you have available to set up.
2. The pop-up screen will show you how many Jetphone extensions and Cloud Mobile extensions are available, click on an extension type that you have available. This will open the extension creation screen.
3. In the extension creation screen, enter an extension number (extension numbers can be 3 or 4 digit numbers that are used for transferring and direct dialling between staff), Then enter the email address and display name for the user that you are setting up.
4. Select the local prefix for your number (this is typically related to the state that you are in) and from the dropdown select a caller ID. If you select a caller ID that shows the available flag a new callflow will automatically be created for that extension with a direct dial and a voicemail.
4a. If you are setting up a cloud mobile, select the outbound SMS number, this will normally be the same number that you have selected as the caller ID. Click Save
5. If you are going to be using the Jet softphone apps for desktop or mobile, your logins will be ready 15 minutes after you have created your extension.
While the extension is activating your Jetphone Login will display as pending. Once the Jetphone login is displayed as Activate, click the activate button. This will create the login details for your Jet softphone and allow you to send these details to the user listed or continue editing the extension.
7. If you have chosen to email the details at a later time, click the email icon next to your new user once you are ready for them to receive their login details. The user will receive an email with links to download the Jet apps and their username and password.
Note: the username and password for your Jet phone app is different to your Jet Hub portal login details.